Friday, February 6, 2009

Great! Another green blog!

I sensed that some of you out there hadn't yet been overrun with "green, environmental, sustainable, global warming information."

All joking aside, that's why I started this blog. We want to go green -- and do the right thing environmentally - but , how are we supposed to sort out what works and what doesn't, and what's practical for our lives here in North Texas? What should I feel guilty about doing -- or not doing? What can I ignore? Answering those questions - the kinds that I had, that you hopefully have -- with research-based reality -- is my goal.

I won't just repeat the news, nor will I link you to lots of stuff to research yourself. I will always attempt to provide a clear direction on the topics covered. This will usually include opinions of mine developed from the research I have done. And, I have a long list of topics that I have already worked through to share with you the reader.

Please post at will and I will try to answer any questions or take suggestions for green topics that challenge you. Like, should I xeriscape? Why compost? Or, what is Anthropogenic Global Warming?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I've been battling the idea of changing to all florescent bulbs vs. the crummy light they give (not to mention mercury content) -- vs. does it REALLY make that much of a difference? Are we causing global warming or is it simply the law of nature? Of course, i've only asked the questions and done nothing to try to find the answer. Chances are, you have. I look forward to reading and contributing where I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. I will do a post on our green lighting choices soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. And if you're taking requests -- energy efficient windows are also top of mind. Thanks for doing all the legwork. And I'm ready for "why compost?" My answer was -- no good reason. I did try that once and ended up growing potatoes and being frustrated.

    I also have a question -- i have a few friends who would be interested in this blog as well. Is it open to the public or within your initial invitation group only?

    ReplyDelete