Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dryersaurus

I would like a low energy use clothes dryer. Apparently, dryers are exempt from any kind of evolution, they are appliance dinosaurs. There haven't been any changes to dryers to even warrant Energy Star to list them! The eat a ton of energy yet we live with the 1950's technology.

A green, environmentally conscious dryer comes in the form of a rope and two poles along with devices called clothes pins. How quaint.

I have an electric dryer. Typically, gas dryers are cheaper to own but more expensive to buy. I don't have a gas outlet where the dryer is...so I doubt the change would ever pay for itself. But at some point I will probably do all the math and decide. But for now I am resigned to letting it eat more energy while running, than any other electric device in my home...yes that includes the air conditioner!

Bottom Line - Find another way to save energy, dryers are exempted from Darwin's law of survival of the fittest.

No comments:

Post a Comment